Monday, August 29, 2011

Facebook saved this kitty


This beautiful baby wandered into my yard one Saturday night during a party. She was super sweet and friendly and did not seem like a stray. I put food and water out for her. She came back Sunday and then disappeared Monday. My fellow cat owner friends thought she might be an indoor-outdoor kitty (a concept I don’t understand at all!) But then she returned on Tuesday.

It’s so easy to change the channel when the commercial comes on playing Sara McLachlan’s Angel and show’s all the homeless animals. It’s not so easy to ignore the sweetest kitty camping out on your back porch. I put out a kennel so she had a place to sleep, kept her in fresh food and water and spent time petting her each day.

I posted this picture on Facebook on multiple friends’ and neighborhood group sites. A girl in my neighborhood offered to foster her. She took her to a local vet and found out she was not micro-chipped, she fostered her for a few days and a friend ended up taking her. Facebook saved this kitty. How cool is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment