Sunday, January 31, 2010

Cure for the common cold


Can’t someone discover a cure for the common cold? I’m so sick of blowing my nose and coughing. It’s going on two weeks. In the last two weeks I’ve spent who knows how much money on Sudafed, Robitussin, Cold Calm, Kleenex, Mucinex, Diet Sprite, EmergenC, Alleve, Afrin and generic Tylenol and Vapor Rub. I'm wearing out the neti pot!

I think the ‘cold symptom industry’ is a racket against a cure. Come on, people go through cancer treatment and live a long healthy life cancer free, why can’t they cure a cold? Think about it. If they come up with a vaccine, that eliminates a whole aisle at Walgreens. All those scientists, package designers, box suppliers, and marketers would be out of a job. Huh. And how much is spent on advertising? Can “this economy” take another hit? Probably not. So we’re stuck fighting the mucus. Uggh.

No comments:

Post a Comment