Saturday, January 9, 2010

Everybody cut, everybody cut...




Have you seen the commercial for the crazy new toe-nail clipper with a light and magnifying glass? The Sure Clip commercial is hilarious and so is the product. I wish I could have been in the product development brainstorming session when they came up with the idea.

“What problems are we trying to solve?”

Problem: “I hate it when I clip my toenails and the clippings hit me in the face or go flying onto my friends!”

Solution: “How about we add a clipping caddie? It will store all the clippings, eliminate the mess and people can easily recycle if they want!”

Problem: “When I clip my toenails, I can’t really see the toe jam with the angle of my hammer toe.”

Solution: “Why don’t we add a magnifying glass?”

Problem: “It’s really hard to see when I clip my nails in the movie theater or on an overnight flight.”

Solution: “Why don’t we add a light to the magnifier?”

Awesome!

So last night I’m at a work party at Sky Lounge listening to the band, “Vote for Pedro” an 80’s-90’s cover band. The TV next to the stage is tuned to ESPN Sports Center (target audience: sport junkies afraid to get a pedicure)…and the commercial comes on while the band is playing “Footloose” featuring the lyrics “everybody cut, everybody cut.” Are you kidding me?! Priceless.

2 comments:

  1. Okay. So as a not-quite 50-something with a serious case of presbiopia, the magnifier and light thing kinda intrigued me. But I agree, the overall concept is just cheesy -- or should I say jammy?

    Then again, how empty would life be if we didn't have all that "As Seen On TV" entrepreneurial genius to incite random thoughts and general mocking? (I especially like the French pedicure on the toe model. And the "Footloose" lyrics? That had to be Karmic intervention.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Karmic intervention almost had me switching to Depends!

    ReplyDelete