Thursday, June 24, 2010

Bring your inner child to work day.


I recently brought in ice cream sandwiches to work. Wow, was I rock star! It was a ‘spur of the moment’ thing at Walgreens…a hot Friday afternoon at the beginning of the summer...everyone has been working so hard…I thought it would be fun. I even brought low-calorie fruit juice bars and fudge bars for anyone watching their weight. Out of 18 people, only 2 chose the low-cal treat.

Everyone’s inner child peeked out of their office and gave me a big toothy smile. You could hear giggles and energy and chit chat. It was great.

Then we started a funny conversation about kid stuff: Quisp and King Vitamin cereal, Johnny Sako, Ultraman, Isis, Mr. Patches, Romper Room (with Miss Lois) and DB’s Delight quiz show. I can tell you I was very productive the rest of the day and those conversations triggered my creativity. Every day should be “Bring your inner child to work day.” Sometimes she needs to color quietly in the corner. Sometimes she needs to skip down the hall or do the hula hoop in the board room.

1 comment:

  1. I think "bring your hula hoop to the boardroom" should also be a daily thing....

    ReplyDelete