Sunday, January 29, 2012

The intern almost became mayor of my office!



So I’ve had my new iPhone for almost a week and am just a beginner on Four Square. When I first joined I noticed that our part-time intern was mayor of our entire company. We have over 150 employees that work at my location and I thought it was crazy that a part-time intern was mayor.

I told the entire marketing department that I was on a mission “to become mayor”. The first hilarious moment occurred when I was standing in the hallway, loudly expressing my desire to become ‘mayor’…at the exact moment a very funny co-worker crossed through our group and says “…where of Loserville?” awesome!

Later that same day the intern friends me on Foursquare. I start seeing her updates. I return to my office after a few meetings and notice that she has begun checking into “Chris’ office!” I’m not even sure how to set up a new location! I run over to her office, laughing the whole way, and ask her about this. Two of my co-workers who sit on either side of her are belly-laughing as well. I had tears in my eyes I was laughing so hard.

I’m happy to say I am now Mayor of my office and hope to retain that title. I’m still not sure how often you can keep checking in to a location. I also think there should be a Foursquare Honor Code that requires you to physically step in to the space before checking in. We’ll see how that goes.

PS and I know her name, just choosing to let her remain anonymous. But when I'm in a weird mood I yell for the interns like Karen from 'Will and Grace' used to for her driver...I just yell 'Intern!" and crack myself up.

No comments:

Post a Comment