Sunday, February 12, 2012

How did you hear Whitney Houston was dead?



Crazy world we live in where a guy on Twitter (@chilemasgrande) who has only tweeted 50 times and only has 161 followers is getting credit (via Mashable.com) for breaking the news about Whitney Houston's death.

A later report says that @AjaDiorNavy tweeted earlier "omgg , my aunt tiffany who work for whitney houston just found whitney houston dead in the tub . such ashame & sad :-(" She's tweeted almost 9,000 times and has roughly 700 followers.

I know a lot of people who aren't on Twitter and never plan to be. They're not on FourSquare, Yelp or Google + either. The gap just keeps getting wider. Makes marketing more interesting. My parents are a perfect example. My dad has never used a computer. My mom still has dial up. Neither have a smart phone. They still read every page of the paper newspaper. Lots of brands should be targeting them but not via social media. (They found out on TV.)

ps I found out from my waiter at dinner. His name was Holden. He wasn't named after Holden Caulfield. He was named after a soap opera character.

No comments:

Post a Comment