Sunday, December 20, 2009

St. Patrick Center


I'm sitting in front of my Christmas tree in my nice warm house judging entries in the "Essays To End Homelessness" through St. Patrick Center. Eighth graders' perspective on what it might be like to be homeless and what we can do to help. The timing around the holidays really makes you think...and not about that new I-phone you want!

Feeling grateful for my life and wanting to do more to help people. St. Patrick Center is an amazing organization that helps people achieve permanent, positive change. They provide job training, counseling on addiction, access to medicine for mental illness and so much more. I was a client for awhile taking advantage of their Go Network for business people in transition. I was laid off in April and fortunate enough to start my new job July 1. You wonder how many people haven't been so fortunate, and what their holiday might be like this year?

So if you find a few extra dollars, this is my 'plug' for St. Patrick Center! You can find them on Facebook, Linked-In, YouTube and Flickr! They have their marketing and social networking act together!

No comments:

Post a Comment